Compact And Solid Tone
The Takamine GX18CE Taka-Mini is based in the original Nex body shape and features solid tonewoods to give it a true acoustic guitar voice. It is constructed from mahogany lending it a warm and resonant quality of tone, along with a spruce top for added brightness. Its 3/4 sized body projects well and gives a balanced and intimate tone, which is ideal for performing with vocals. The satin finished body and mahogany neck with rosewood fingerboard feels smooth in the hands, while the cutaway design allows easy access to the top frets.
Takamine TP4T Preamp
The GX18CE delivers a balanced acoustic tone, and the on-board preamp system means it's ready to take to the stage and be amplified with a natural recreation of its acoustic sound. The preamp features a 3-band EQ for tonal sculpting along with a handy on-board tuner for quick tuning adjustments.
From The Practice Room To The Stage
The compact size and familiar dimensions means the Taka-Mini will be both portable and still able to create an addictive acoustic tone. Its preamp and pickup make it ready to be amplified, so whether your next session is at home, on stage, or at the beach, the GX18CE will be ready to go with you.
- Mahogany body with spruce top and X-bracing for balanced and resonant tone, with a blend of mellow warmth and bright top-end
- Single cutaway NEX body shape, 3/4 sized for compact playing comfort and manageability
- Smooth satin-finished mahogany neck with rosewood fingerboard
- TP4T Preamp with 3-band EQ and built-in tuner
Body & Bridge
- Body: NEX
- Top Wood: Solid Spruce
- Side Wood: Mahogany
- Back Wood: Mahogany
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Finish: Satin Natural
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: Mahogany
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Nut Width: 42.5mm / 1.675''
- Fingerboard Inlays: Dots
- Number Of Frets: 21
- Neck Finish: Satin
Hardware & Electronics
- Electronics: TP4T Preamp with Built-in Tuner
- Controls: Bass, Mid, Treble, Gain
- Machine Heads: Die-Cast